What will I learn at a Dental Hygiene Seminars review course?
The DHS National Board review course is a comprehensive review of the information that is found on the Dental Hygiene National Board Exam. Students receive an in-depth refresher on numerous dental hygiene subject areas and the opportunity to complete practice Board exam questions for each subject. Special emphasis is placed on the case-based format as well as the modern computer test format. As part of reviewing practice exam questions, you will learn the rationale behind the answers for these questions.
What subjects are covered during the review course?
All of the subjects included on the National Board Exam are covered during the seminar. Special attention is also given to Board format, and students are also introduced to a variety of stress management and study techniques for better test-taking.
- Oral and Dental Anatomy
- Community Dental Health
- Clinical Dental Hygiene/Ethics
- Patient Assessment/Management
- Dental Materials (Supportive Treatment)
- Special Needs Patients
- Oral Pathology
What is included in my registration fee?
We realize that most students are on limited budgets, so we work hard to make sure that you receive the best value for your money when you attend our Review Course.
Included in your registration fee:
- Three full days of subject review presented by world-renowned faculty.
- Personal access to speakers during and after the review course. Our speakers have one goal: to help you pass the exam. Each speaker shares his or her email address with students who have questions after the seminar when they are studying for the Exam. As a DHS attendee, you will have your own National Board “personal trainer” to ask questions of and to clarify information.
- A complete review book with over 400 pages of speaker notes, diagrams, and sample Board questions.
- NEW: An interactive Mock Board with complete with case studies. This is a comprehensive practice Board exactly like the one you will receive on test day. We are the ONLY review company that offers this exclusive test!
- A complimentary tote bag to carry all your preparation items.
- Brain food! DHS provides morning and afternoon snacks every day of the seminar.
- The DHS Pass Guarantee. In the unlikely event that students do not pass the Board after taking the DHS review course, they may take another DHS review course at no charge.
- State-of-the-art audio/visual equipment. Easy-to-see PowerPoint presentations with many clinical photos and easy-to-understand diagrams.
- Fun, interactive “mental breaks” during the seminar, including door prizes and student/faculty interaction make the long study days exciting and enjoyable.
- Exclusive DHS E-Professor access after you leave the seminar, right up until test day.
Where should I stay when I'm attending the review course?
DHS review courses are held in luxury hotels or large convention centers, all of which offer our attendees a special room rate well below their regular prices. All of the hotels are very accommodating to our attendees and will make every effort to make your stay at the hotel enjoyable.
How do we get a class discount?
- Class discounts are given to each student when 12 or more students attend from the same school. The discounted rate for students who register as a class is $400.
- Registrations MUST be submitted online together and MUST be completed at least 14 days before the seminar. We encourage large groups to register early to ensure there will plenty of available space to accommodate your group size. Dental Hygiene Seminars is not responsible for granting discounts without prior notification.
Do I have to be a current student to attend?
Individuals who are no longer in school may attend the a Dental Hygiene Seminars review course to receive continuing education credit.
What if I only want to purchase the DHS review book?
Sorry, but no we do not sell our comprehensive review book independently from the seminar and the information in the review book is strictly copyrighted. The book is included in your seminar price.
What if I want to register less than 2 weeks before the seminar?
You must register for the seminar at least 14 days prior to take advantage of the advertised fee. Registration “at the door” is $450. Only cashier check, money order, or cash will be accepted at that time. NO CREDIT CARDS OR PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE DOOR.
What do I do if I lose my registration letter?
As long as you present a photo ID that matches the name on your registration, you will be able to gain entry into the seminar for which you’ve registered. Also keep in mind that you can always log in to our interactive student section with your email address and DHS PIN number to retrieve your confirmation letter.
What if I am a student with a learning disability?
DHS must be notified in writing a minimum of 90 days prior to the seminar for special accommodations, but these can be provided to you during the review course.
What is the guarantee policy?
Our guarantee policy allows any DHS attendee who does not pass the National Board Exam to attend one future session at no charge. This is not a money back guarantee, but does ensure you will get another review course free of charge.
What is the cancellation policy?
Full refunds are given up to 30 days prior to the seminar minus a $100 processing fee. No refunds are given after that date.